Welcome to TV’s Worst of the Week, where MRC Culture's on TV Blog recounts the top liberal bias moments in entertainment television for the week of November 14, 2021.
From Our Blog
• CBS’s S.W.A.T. jumped into the gun control debate by saying that cops “believe in sensible gun control laws. … 'cause a lot of the times those guns are aimed at us.” Actually, the vast majority of times guns are pointed at police they are already illegal, no new laws could change that.
• Questions about the 2020 election are beyond the pale and yet Fox's Family Guy pushed the 5-year-old conspiracy theory that Facebook datamining rigged the 2016 election for Donald Trump.
• NBC’s New Amsterdam had their wokest episode of the season, featuring an illegal trans patient on the run from evil ICE agents. Helpfully, a trans male nurse was there to share pronouns and convince the patient to take off their chest binder:
• Netflix’s Mexican-American dramedy Gentefied dealt with the family patriarch facing deportation in its second season. After his granddaughter designed a Nike ad campaign to support him, Van Jones gave him the chance to plead this case where he complained, “Even dogs are treated better than an undocumented.”
• Just in time for Thanksgiving next week, ABC's Grey’s Anatomy trashed it as “[not] really a holiday we should celebrate” due to Native Americans “being colonized and having their land stolen.”
• Speaking of ruined holidays, Netflix’s raunchy tween comedy Big Mouth grossed everyone out by showing Santa fully naked in their special Christmas episode, along with their usual disgusting masturbation scenes and crass sex jokes.
• ABC’s Queens surprised us by eschewing the typical pro-abortion euphemisms by actually calling an unborn child targeted for abortion a “baby.”
• Mindy Kaling’s new HBO Max comedy The Sex Lives of College Girls debuted this week and managed to draw our attention with its obvious woke virtue signaling by mentioning six prominent liberals.
Other Odds & Ends
• NBC's Ordinary Joe included an odd Constitutional error when it said a state's governor was appointing a slain congressman’s wife to take his seat. Vacant House seats can only be filled through special elections.
• On The CW's All American, a rapper was invited to freestyle and her lyrics improbably included: “Yeah, I got that heat like friction and respect like Hillary Clinton.”