The broadcast networks are so supportive of left-wing extremists trying to tear down America that, on Monday, all three morning shows read from the same script as they accused President Trump of being “dark” and “divisive” for calling out the Marxist radicals. Apparently defending the United States on the Fourth of July is now considered horribly offensive by the leftist press.
Opening ABC’s Good Morning America, Democratic hack George Stephanopoulos wailed: “President Trump downplays the pandemic, using his Fourth of July speeches to focus on the culture wars, saying the enemy is not the virus, but Americans protesting injustice, calling them part of a new far-left fascism.”
Minutes later, correspondent Terry Moran tried to outdo Stephanopoulos in demonizing Trump:
President Trump, on a day when other presidents have chosen to try to unite the country around shared values, as you say, decided to make a couple of back-to-back dark, blistering speeches, divisive, in which he identified the real threat to the country, his political opponents. At the White House on the Fourth of July, the President vowing to protect the country from what he claims is the real threat, Americans protesting injustice and bringing down controversial monuments.
After a clip ran of the President pledging to “never allow an angry mob to tear down our statues, erase our history, indoctrinate our children or trample on our freedoms,” Moran almost gleefully touted chaos being sowed by anti-American demonstrators: “Statues did fall. In Baltimore, where a statue of Christopher Columbus was toppled from its pedestal and thrown into the harbor.”
That disgusting desecration occurred in Baltimore’s Little Italy. The statue was there to honor the contributions of Italian Americans to the country.
On NBC’s Today show, White House correspondent Peter Alexander managed to deliver the exact same left-wing lines: “...back-to-back Independence Day weekend addresses where the President made no attempt to unify Americans. Instead, delivering an us-versus-them message, painting a dark picture of the country.”
A soundbite ran of Trump denouncing “The radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters.” Alexander then feared that the President was “Leaning in to the culture wars in an effort to reboot his campaign, casting other Americans as the threat.”
“President Trump used divisive language over the Fourth of July weekend to link Americans who are demonstrating peacefully against racism with extremists and vandals,” co-host Tony Dokoupil proclaimed on CBS This Morning, just magically excusing all of the violent actions taken by protesters over the last several weeks.
Perhaps reporters should spend less time memorizing talking points from the Biden campaign and actually try practicing journalism. The founders of Black Lives Matter call themselves “trained Marxists”:
Black Lives Matter – Marxist Revolutionaries
While the leftist media cheer on Black Lives Matter protesters marching in the streets, tearing down statues, and even sparking violence, what reporters don’t want people to know is that the group was founded by self-avowed “Marxists” who demand “revolution” and seek to unmake American society. The Media Research Center is committed to telling the truth about the left, unlike the compliant press that push its extreme views.
- Black Lives Matter was founded in 2013 by “three radical Black organizers.” One of those co-founders, Patrisse Cullors, revealed in a 2015 interview that she and her comrades were “trained Marxists.”
- Cullors was mentored for years by Eric Mann, a member of the far-left domestic terrorist organization Weather Underground. She also has named wanted cop-killer Assata Shakur (Real name: Joanne Chesimard) as a “leader” that “inspires” her.
- On its website, under “What We Believe,” Black Lives Matter proclaims: “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”
- In a video entitled “Now, We Transform,” the BLM website hails the radical movement as “a watershed moment that has brought the world to its knees.” The page further asserts: “This is the revolution.”
- Fundraising for Black Lives Matter has been conducted by the left-wing group Thousand Currents, which has a convicted terrorist on its board of directors.
- The president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter, Hawk Newsome, has warned that “if this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it.”
This is the extremism at the heart of the Black Lives Matter movement. The fact that the media actively support the group and refuse to tell the public the truth about its radical beliefs only proves that many in the press are eager for a far-left “revolution” to upend the entire American way of life.
This desperate attempt to defend extreme leftist revolutionaries from criticism was brought to NBC viewers by Subaru, it was brought to ABC viewers by Aleve, and it was brought to CBS viewers by Dove (company contact info is linked, let them know what you think of them sponsoring this content).