* Public Service: New Orleans Times-Picayune; Biloxi Sun Herald.
* Breaking News: Times-Picayune.
* Investigative Reporting: Susan Schmidt, James V. Grimaldi and R. Jeffrey Smith of the Washington Post.
* Explanatory Reporting: David Finkel of the Washington Post.
* Beat Reporting: Dana Priest of the Washington Post.
* National Reporting: James Risen and Eric Lichtblau of the New York Times; staffs of the San Diego Union-Tribune and Copley News Service.
* International Reporting: Joseph Kahn and Jim Yardley of the New York Times.
* Editorial Writing: Doug Bates and Rick Attig of the Oregonian.
* Feature Writing: Jim Sheeler of the Rocky Mountain News.
* Commentary: Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times.
* Criticism: Robin Givhan of the Washington Post.
* Editorial Cartooning: Mike Luckovich of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
* Feature Photography: Todd Heisler of the Rocky Mountain News.
* Breaking News Photography: Dallas Morning News.
* Bios, jurors and more || Finalists list
> Board overrules judges, elevates T-P to Public Service winner (E&P)
> Pulitzer judges honored many types of great watchdog reporting (AJR)
> Pulitzer-winner Stern says regional papers can keep pols honest (E&P)
> Coffee and cookies, but no countdown clock, at Pulitzer event (Gawker)