DHS Vows to Arrest, Remove Illegal Convicted of Sexually Assaulting High School Girls, Even if Va. Gov. Spanberger Protects Him

August 21st, 2026 12:51 PM

An illegal alien convicted of sexually assaulting nine girls in the halls of a Fairfax, Virginia high school received a reduced sentence is set to be released on September 3 and returned to the very school where he committed his crimes, but the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has other plans for him.

“To be clear: we stand ready to arrest and remove Israel Christopher Flores-Ortiz even if @GovernorVA attempts to shield him from justice,” DHS declared Friday in a social media post. “There is no sanctuary in our nation for criminal illegal aliens.”

Virginia’s Democrat Governor Abigail Spanberger has issued executive orders prohibiting cooperation with DHS’s Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) and Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Steve Descano is notoriously anti-immigration law enforcement.

 “In April, Israel Christopher Flores-Ortiz, a criminal illegal alien from El Salvador, was convicted for NINE counts of assault and battery after he groped multiple underage girls at a high school in Fairfax County,” DHS recalled Thursday in a public statement urging Gov. Spanberger to honor its detainer request, so it could take the 19 year-old illegal alien into custody, rather than release him back into the community.

As local ABC affiliate 7News reports, Ortiz is an illegal alien from El Salvador who sexually assaulted the high school girls after being released from custody by the Biden Administration:

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said he was released into the country during the Biden Administration. He enrolled in Fairfax High School, and during his junior year earlier this year, 7News was the first to speak with parents who said Ortiz groped their daughters’ private areas.

“‘There's a group of about 12 individuals that have reported this assault,’ one mother of the girls told 7News. ‘It was all perpetrated by a single individual who is a stranger to the girls. He just sneakily walked up behind them and put his hand in between their legs. It was not just a butt smack or a butt grab. It was a groping of a private area. It had been occurring for several months.’”

Flores-Ortiz was originally sentence to 360 days in jail for the nine offenses, but a judge reduced the sentence to 135 days, scheduling him to be released on September 3.

“Sanctuary Spanberger must NOT RELEASE this predator and turn him over to ICE so he can never roam Virginia streets again,” DHS wrote Wednesday in a social media post.

"There is zero chance this guy needs to be released, especially released and go back to school,” DHS Secretary Markwayne Mullin, the father of three daughters in high school, said in an interview after Ortiz received his lenient sentence, noting Spanberger’s hostility towards ICE:

“He is in the country illegally We need cooperation and unfortunately with the current governor we’re not seeing that cooperation.”