The 2018 midterm election provided the leftist media with a group of radical socialist demagogues they could cheer on, dubbed “The Squad” by adoring reporters. Democratic Congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley arrived on Capitol Hill in early 2019 and have been media darlings ever since, with so-called “journalists” routinely covering up their scandals and unhinged agenda. The Media Research Center is committed to telling the truth about the left, unlike the compliant press that push its extreme views.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY):
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortex is a proud member of the Democratic Socialists of America, and as left-wing website Vox even admitted, the group’s agenda is “the abolition of capitalism” and “must include the eradication of ‘hierarchical systems’” as well.
- Ocasio-Cortez immediately showed her socialist stripes by proposing the Green New Deal, a radical environmentalist piece of legislation that would wreck the U.S. economy in a disturbing attempt to remake American society.
- In addition to her extreme political beliefs, Ocasio-Cortez has frequently displayed her staunch anti-Americanism. In the midst of her wild crusade to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Democrat offensively compared immigration detention centers across the U.S. to Nazi “concentration camps.”
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN):
- Just six years before being elected to Congress, Ilhan Omar tweeted out this nasty anti-Semitic attack: “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel. #Gaza #Palestine #Israel.” (See the image below) She eventually deleted it and apologized.
- However, as a member of Congress she clearly didn’t learn her lesson, tweeting out more anti-Semitism against the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), suggesting politicians who support the organization were being bought off by Jewish lobbyists.
- In March of 2019, Omar falsely claimed that the Council on American-Islamic Relations was founded in the wake of the September 11th attacks (it was actually founded in 1994) “because they recognized that some people did something, and [Muslims] were starting to lose access to our civil liberties.”
- Beyond all of that outrageous rhetoric, Omar has been embroiled in a bizarre scandal in which she was alleged to have married her brother in order to defraud U.S. immigration services and help him obtain a green card.
- Months later, she married a political consultant she was accused of having an affair with when he was previously married to someone else. The relationship also raised campaign finance ethics questions.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI):
- Like Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib is a member of the Democratic Socialists of America and has endorsed abolishing ICE. Both of them also campaigned on a government-run Medicare for All system.
- Just hours after being sworn in to Congress in January of 2019, Tlaib launched into a profanity-laced tirade in front of a crowd of supporters.“We’re gonna impeach the motherfucker!,” she proclaimed, in reference to President Trump.
- Like Omar, Tlaib also has a real problem with anti-Semitism. Just weeks after entering Congress, she retweeted a false accusation that Israelis killed a Palestinian child. As Washington Examiner’s Bethany Mandel noted: “This virulently anti-Semitic tradition of blood libel made famous in the Middle Ages in Europe has continued in the modern Middle East.” Tlaib later deleted the tweet.
- In September of 2019, the House Ethic Committee began reviewing possible campaign finance violations by Tlaib after The Washington Free Beacon reported that she used campaign funds to pay herself over $45,000 after already being elected.
Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA):
- Just like her Squad comrades, Ayanna Pressley has expressed support for socialist ideas like Medicare for All.
- In August of 2019, while demanding legislation that would attack the Second Amendment rights of Americans, Pressley claimed Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was the “common enemy” she was fighting in order to take people’s guns away.
- In April of 2020, Pressley declared the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic was “akin to war crimes.”
Clueless MSNBC Democratic hack Andrea Mitchell once laughably denied that The Squad was socialist. She, like the rest of the far-left apologists in press, know that the only way to help Democrats achieve their radical agenda is to cover up the truth. The fact that Squad members couldn’t even condemn violence from Antifa terrorists shows how extreme they are and why it’s important that actual journalists call them out instead of enable them.
For more information the press don’t want you to know, check out Facts Feared by Leftist Media.