In a recent interview, MRC Vice President of Business and Culture Dan Gainor condemned The New York Times for false reports about a recent executive order.
The Times claimed the Trump administration did not inform Department of Homeland Security about the new executive order regarding refugees from certain nations.
Gainor appeared on Fox Business Network’s Intelligence Report with Trish Regan, and said that the “media have a preconceived agenda here.”
“They want to depict the administration in chaos,” Gainor noted in that Feb. 1, interview. He excoriated the Times for having corrections in their paper on “silly minutiae” but no correction of “the seminal point of their global chaos story” which “General Kelly says is bogus.”
Regan added that “as a journalist we need to be skeptics” but what the media was doing was “pushing an agenda on the opposite side.”
On Jan. 27, 2017, President Donald Trump signed an executive order limiting travel to the United States from seven countries with potential terrorist ties. The Times and many other news agencies pushed stories claiming that the Trump team was in “chaos” because they did not inform the Department of Homeland Security about the new executive order prior to its release.
However, General John F. Kelly, Secretary of Homeland Security, refuted the liberal media’s narrative. He stated that he and his team had been working on the executive order since the inauguration and were aware by Jan. 25, that Trump was set to sign it Jan. 27.