While the leftist media cheer on Black Lives Matter protesters marching in the streets, tearing down statues, and even sparking violence, what reporters don’t want people to know is that the group was founded by self-avowed “Marxists” who demand “revolution” and seek to unmake American society. The Media Research Center is committed to telling the truth about the left, unlike the compliant press that push its extreme views.
- Black Lives Matter was founded in 2013 by “three radical Black organizers.” One of those co-founders, Patrisse Cullors, revealed in a 2015 interview that she and her comrades were “trained Marxists.”
- Cullors was mentored for years by Eric Mann, a member of the far-left domestic terrorist organization Weather Underground. She also has named wanted cop-killer Assata Shakur (Real name: Joanne Chesimard) as a “leader” that “inspires” her.
- On its website, under “What We Believe,” Black Lives Matter proclaims: “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”
- In a video entitled “Now, We Transform,” the BLM website hails the radical movement as “a watershed moment that has brought the world to its knees.” The page further asserts: “This is the revolution.”
- Fundraising for Black Lives Matter has been conducted by the left-wing group Thousand Currents, which has a convicted terrorist on its board of directors.
- The president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter, Hawk Newsome, has warned that “if this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it.”
This is the extremism at the heart of the Black Lives Matter movement. The fact that the media actively support the group and refuse to tell the public the truth about its radical beliefs only proves that many in the press are eager for a far-left “revolution” to upend the entire American way of life.
For more information the press don’t want you to know, check out Facts Feared by Leftist Media.