"30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin jumped on the anti-Rush Limbaugh bandwagon Friday calling the conservative talk radio host "an uneducated, marginally talented, overbearing, recovering drug addict."
He also took a cheap shot at one of America's most-beloved presidents referring to Reagan Republicans as "the bulls***t...wing of the party."
Rush Limbaugh is an uneducated, marginally talented, overbearing, recovering drug addict who was, at least according to Wikipedia, ineligible for the draft because he had cysts on his ass.
I have dear friends of mine who represent real Republicans. Goldwater Republicans. Strong on defense. Tough on immigration. Fiscal conservatives. Not the bullshit Reagan wing of the party which, along with Clinton killing Glass-Steagall, brought us to where we are today.
My friends who are these real Republicans (not hypocritical evangelicals who are too lazy to raise their own children properly so, therefore, insist that all public institutions and policies bend to their will to make that job easier) do not listen to Limbaugh. They don't care what he says. They think he is an amusing entertainer. Like most progressives I know are well aware how hit-and-miss Michael Moore can be and, ultimately view him as an entertainer and don't give a damn what he says.
Until Limbaugh gets real, weans himself off the big salary and runs for office, he will always be nothing more than a poorly educated, marginally talented buffoon who has developed a real talent for manipulating the G-spot of the neocon consciousness and massaging the hate gland of so many economically displaced white voters in America.
This from a man who:
- Claimed the press gave President Bush a pass for eight years
- Sees a link between global warming and the war in Iraq
- Thinks Larry Craig voted to "censor" Barney Frank
- Wrote that Al Gore during the Florida recount debacle was gang raped by Dick Cheney, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and James Baker
- Called Dick Cheney a terrorist
- Insulted Jeanne Kirkpatrick shortly after her death while calling for the CIA to be disbanded