It's time once again for "Five for Five," this time our list of the Top Five News Stories Broken or Advanced by NewsBusters.
We start with an honorable mention that just barely failed to make the cut, but is worth noting for its impact on the blogosphere, Noel Sheppard's August 1, 2009 post, "Obama Joker Poster Popping Up in Los Angeles."
As for our top five, they are blog posts that uncovered:
- The beginnings of ClimateGate ["Possible Conspiracy to Falsify Temperature Data Uncovered" from Nov. 20, 2009]
- The early beginnings of the Tea Party movement ["CNBC's Santelli Explains His Anti-Obamanomics Call for Revolt" from February 19, 2009]
- Audio of President Obama telling the San Francisco Chronicle of his desire to bankrupt the coal industry [November 2, 2008]
- MSNBC's close-cropping video of a gun owner at a Tea Party rally so that you can't tell he's a black man -- MSNBCers were insisting the rallies were racist [August 18, 2009]
And perhaps our biggest news item of all, from March 18, 2008, when our very own Rich Noyes disproved Hillary Clinton's claim of having come under fire in a 1996 visit to Bosnia.
Here's the 1996 news footage that Noyes dug up from the Media Research Center archive:
And now, as promised, the third round of winners in our 5th anniversary T-shirt giveaway.
- John D. of Anderson, S.C.
- Paul C. of Rockaway, N.J.
- Earl S. of Willis, Texas
- Vicki L. of Hinckley, Ill.
- Larry G. of Doniphan, Mo.
- Nathan M. of Jefferson Township, Pa.
- Carolann M. of Gaithersburg, Md.
- Roy D. of Burnsville, N.C.
- Benjamin S. of Hillsdale, Mich.
- Galen W. of Fayetteville, Pa.
- John B. of Oakhurst, Calif.
- John P. of Cincinnati, Ohio
- Rick G. of Olympia, Wash.
- Sandra G. of Providence, R.I.
- Fred K. of Sandy Lake, Pa.
- Albert C. of Vinton, Va.
- Joe G. of Lockport, N.Y.
- Ruth S. of Phoenix, Ariz.
- Carmen M. of Woodruff, S.C.
- Joseph P. of Kearney, Neb.
- Stephen W. of Tacoma, Wash.
- Sandy C.of Niantic, Conn.
- Cliff P. of Fayetteville, Ark.
- Dale W. of Cannelburg, Ind.
- Mary H. of Rockford, Ill.