After Delaware Race Called, Rove Continues To Rip O'Donnell
"This is probably one of the few times we're going to disagree here." -- Sean Hannity to Karl Rove regarding Christine O'Donnell.I'll say. Even after Fox News called the Delaware GOP senatorial primary for Christine O'Donnell tonight, Karl Rove continued to rip the winner, questioning everything from O'Donnell's "rectitude" to her "character." Concluded the pessimistic Rove: "this is not a race we're going to be able to win."
Sean defended O'Donnell staunchly, but was met with a litany of Roveian criticism of Christine, including these comments:
- "Her checkered background."
- "I've met her. I wasn't frankly impressed."
- "Serious questions about how does she make her living, why did she mislead voters?"
- "[O'Donnell doesn't] evince the characteristics of rectitude and truthfulness and sincerity and character that voters are looking for."
- "A lot of nutty things she's been saying that just simply don't add up."
- "This is not a race we're going to be able to win."
- "Serious character problems."
- "Somebody who says conservative things, but doesn't have the character that the people of Delaware want."