Arizona Shooting Coverage Is a Media Campaign to Criminalize Conservatism
Managing Editor's Note: Media Research Center President Brent Bozell issued the following statement after a thorough, two-day review of how the media have covered the tragic shooting in Arizona.
Implicating a conservative tie to this heinous act of violence or to Jared Lee Loughner, who is no conservative, is nothing short of a naked campaign to criminalize conservative thought.
Sadly, those who point their finger are at the nexus of hypocrisy. Take the unidentified “veteran Democratic strategist” who told Politico that, ‘they need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers … Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.’
All manner of conservatives are being indicted with this evil act, none of whom have any connection to it. Whether it’s Sarah Palin, the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh or anyone else – they have zero connection to the shooter or his brutality. Period. Shame on the reporters and media outlets that entertained these outrageous accusations and who are now responsible for spreading the lies.”
Click here to access NewsBusters/Media Research Center coverage of liberal media bias surrounding the Giffords shooting.
Here are just a few of those articles:
- New York Times Blames 'Vitriol in Politics,' Palin's Campaign Map for Schizophrenic's Rampage
- Network Journalists Advance Leftist Wish to Blame Palin (and Tea Party) for Shooting
- Paul Krugman Blames Giffords Shooting on Palin, Limbaugh and Beck
- Within Minutes of Shooting, CNN Finds Local Liberal to Blame State's 'Rabid Right' and Gun 'Fetish'
- Media Falsely Blame Palin for Giffords Shooting, But Refused to Talk Islam At Ft. Hood