Record Reveals AP's 'Centrist' Obama Just Another Liberal
(AP) London, March 2, 1867: Karl Marx, a rising star among centrist economists, announced today the publication of the first volume of his treatise, 'Das Kapital'.
OK, perhaps I exaggerate a tad. But is there any man of the left that the MSM is unwilling to cast as a "centrist" or moderate, particularly when he is seen as a potential Democratic presidential nominee?
The Associated Press offers a perfect case in point this evening. This article reports Barack Obama's acknowledgement on today's Meet The Press that, earlier protestations to the contrary notwithstanding, he is indeed contemplating a run for the presidency. Writes the AP:
"In recent weeks, his political stock has been rising as a potentially viable centrist candidate for president." [emphasis added]
"Centrist"? Really? Let's go to the record, or more specifically, to Obama's interest-group ratings as catalogued at the indispensable Project Vote Smart.
Aside from a small smattering of ratings such as the 33% percent from Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum and the 45% from on Personal Liberties from the Republican Liberty Caucus, Obama fits the liberal profile to a 'T.' Examples:
- Planned Parenthood 100% in 2006.
- National Right to Life Committee 0% in 2005-2006.
- Americans for Tax Reform 0% in 2005.
- NAACP 100% in 2005.
- American Conservative Union 8 percent in 2005.
- Illinois Environmental Council 100% in 2003 .
- Children's Defense Fund [Hillary's old beat] 100% in 2005.
- National Organization For Women 100% in 2005.
- NRA, 'F' in 2004.
- Federation for American Immigration Reform 0% in 2005.
- 2005 AFL-CIO 92%.
- Americans for Democratic Action [old-style liberal organization] 100% in 2005.
What are the odds the AP would call a Republican with mirror-image ratings a "centrist"? The AP's shameless mislabeling of as a Obama "centrist" is nothing short of false advertising. Expect to see lots more of it as the MSM bandwagon for him gains steam.