Gore to Appear on CBS Late Show Tuesday, Same Day New Book Comes Out
Climate alarmist-in-chief Al Gore is going to appear on the CBS Late Show next Tuesday coincidentally on the same day his new book comes out.
TVByTheNumbers.com posted the following press release moments ago:
Former Vice President Al Gore will visit the Late Show with DAVID LETTERMAN, Tuesday, Jan. 29 (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. This will be Gore’s seventh appearance on the broadcast.
Gore will release his new book, The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change, on the same day as his Late Show visit. The 45th Vice President of the United States, who served with President Bill Clinton for eight years, Gore has also authored the bestsellers Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis, Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, An Inconvenient Truth and The Assault on Reason. His documentary, “An Inconvenient Truth,” won Academy Awards in 2007 for “Best Documentary Feature” and “Best Original Song,” the first documentary to win two Oscars. Gore was the co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for his environmental work. He was also the co-founder and chairman of the Emmy Award-winning cable news channel Current TV, which was sold to Al-Jazeera earlier this month.
Speaking of his hypocritical sale of Current to Al Jazeera, it will certainly be interesting to see if Letterman even brings it up.
Instead, it's quite likely the major topic of discussion will be Gore's new book which GoodReads.com described thusly:
With the same passion he brought to the challenge of climate change, and with his decades of experience on the front lines of global policy, Al Gore surveys our planet’s beclouded horizon and offers a sober, learned, and ultimately hopeful forecast in the visionary tradition of Alvin Toffler’s Future Shock and John Naisbitt’s Megatrends. In The Future, Gore identifies the emerging forces that are reshaping our world:
• Ever-increasing economic globalization has led to the emergence of what he labels “Earth Inc.”—an integrated holistic entity with a new and different relationship to capital, labor, consumer markets, and national governments than in the past.
• The worldwide digital communications, Internet, and computer revolutions have led to the emergence of “the Global Mind,” which links the thoughts and feelings of billions of people and connects intelligent machines, robots, ubiquitous sensors, and databases.
• The balance of global political, economic, and military power is shifting more profoundly than at any time in the last five hundred years—from a U.S.-centered system to one with multiple emerging centers of power, from nation-states to private actors, and from political systems to markets.
• A deeply flawed economic compass is leading us to unsustainable growth in consumption, pollution flows, and depletion of the planet’s strategic resources of topsoil, freshwater, and living species.
• Genomic, biotechnology, neuroscience, and life sciences revolutions are radically transforming the fields of medicine, agriculture, and molecular science—and are putting control of evolution in human hands.
• There has been a radical disruption of the relationship between human beings and the earth’s ecosystems, along with the beginning of a revolutionary transformation of energy systems, agriculture, transportation, and construction worldwide.
Ooooh. I'm all atingle.