Time's Klein Blasts Bush as Radical Conservative
I know what you're thinking after reading Tim's earlier post on Joe Klein. How delusional can this guy get?
Well, try this on for size.
According to the Time reporter and "Swampland" blogger, "George W. Bush is no moderate. He has governed as a radical, and we'll be paying the price for his thoughtless extremism for years to come."
Of course, this is the same president that spawned conservative frustration over:
- Creating the Department of Homeland Security, originally an idea of then-Democratic, now independent Sen. Joseph Lieberman (Conn.)
- Picking up the veto pen only twice in his six years in office, despite massive spending bills that could and should have been vetoed.
- No Child Left Behind, the product of bipartisan cooperation with the very liberal Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.)
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Harriet Miers
- Botching the push for Social Security privatization
- Failing to use his political capital to push for a thorough overhaul/reform of the maddeningly complex federal tax code