Billionaire Bidding for Tribune Company a Friend of Bill, Former Black Panther Supporter
According to his Wikipedia entry:
- Burkle is a well-known political contributor and longtime Democratic fundraiser.
- He supported the Black Panthers in the Sixties.
- Burkle has supported California State Treasurer Phil Angelides and employed former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown
- Burkle is a close friend of former President Bill Clinton, who calls Burkle's Boeing 757 private jet "Ron Air."
- Clinton, who is a senior adviser to Burkle's company, Yucaipa, wrote in his memoir, "My Life", that Burkle "became one of my best friends."
- Burkle and Steve Rattner helped finance Al Gore's cable Current TV network.
Contact Mark at email@example.com