Alterman: Matthews Centrist; Olbermann Merely 'Taken for a Liberal'
"Taken-for-a-liberal Keith Olbermann"? Sounds like Keith hasn't quite earned his lefty wings in Eric's estimation. I mean, after all, Olbermann has only called for President Bush's impeachment, accused the Bush administration of representing a new form of fascism, and generally chewed the leftist curtains in his overwrought "Special Comments."
If Keith's liberal street cred is suspect, I wonder how Eric might view the credentials of others on the left? Let's imagine:
- Taken-for-a-Communist-dictator Fidel Castro.
- Ersatz left-wing film-maker Michael Moore.
- Faux progressive Ralph Nader.
- Self-styled leftist Noam Chomsky.
- So-called liberal Barney Frank.
- Would-be radical Katrina vanden Heuvel
Feel free to add to the list!
Aside: Alterman's column gives rise to another rousing round of WIARHSI. What if a Republican had written of Chris Matthews' "many man crushes"? How many nanoseconds before the first liberal cry of "homophobia!?Contact certified conservative Mark at email@example.com