HBO Renews Vulgarian Bill Maher's Show Two More Years
What does one have to do in this weak economy to get a contract extension?
Well, if you work for HBO as a vulgar comedian that loves to misogynistically attack conservative women, it appears cursing out your audience for not laughing at one of your jokes is just the ticket.
The Wrap reported Tuesday:
Bill Maher's long-running political talk show, "Real Time with Bill Maher," has been renewed for its 11th and 12th seasons, HBO announced Tuesday. The renewal will keep the show on the air until at least 2014. [...]
“Bill Maher’s irreverent wit and fearless insights make him the perfect observer for these unpredictable times,” Michael Lombardo, president, HBO programming, said while announcing the renewal. “I’m delighted that we can continue to offer an uncensored forum for his original and thoughtful humor.”
Here's a recent sampling of Maher's "thoughtful humor" that helped get him a contract extension:
- Bill Maher Attacks Ann Romney Again: 'She's Brought Up Five Very Shiny and Remarkably Lifelike Boys'
- Maher Curses Out Audience for Not Laughing at His Joke
- Bill Maher Tells Disgusting Sodomy Joke About Marcus Bachmann
- Maher: 'If a Black Cat Crosses Your Path it is Bad Luck – Except in Florida Where You’re Allowed to Shoot it'
- Bill Maher Uses Trayvon Martin Issue to Attack...Michele Bachmann?
- Maher: Southerners Should Only Celebrate Confederate Heritage Once a Year - 'St. Cracker's Day'
- Bill Maher on March Madness: 'The Only Place Where You'll Ever Hear the Phrase "Kansas Is Advancing"'
- Maher: 'If Gingrich Was Any More of an A--hole Santorum Would Have to Pray for Strength Not to F--k Him'
- Maher Insults Alabama and Mississippi Voters: 'Toothless Tuesday Too Tight to Tally'
- Maher: Santorum Homeschools Kids in His 'Christian Madrassa' to Keep Them From Knowledge
- Bill Maher: 'If Rick Santorum Is Your Youth Minister' You’d Switch to 'One Who Just Molests'
- Maher Responds to Limbaugh: I Can Call Palin C-word Because 'I Don't Have Sponsors - I'm on HBO'
Those are just some examples of Maher's "thoughtful humor" in the past seven weeks.
You can see why he deserved a contract extension.