Having been shunned by the daytime talk queen before last year's elections, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has decided to finally go on "Oprah" in November.
As announced moments ago at Oprah.com:
In a world exclusive, Oprah Winfrey will interview former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show to air Monday, November 16, 2009. Winfrey and Palin will meet for the very first time on the episode, which will mark Palin’s first interview to discuss her upcoming book, Going Rogue: An American Life and her first-ever appearance on the Oprah show.
Unfortunately, judging by some of the comments being left at her website, Oprah's fans are not pleased:
- I am so disappointed that Oprah is helping sell Palin's book . I thought you were above that Oprah.
- I am soo disappointed in Oprah for giving Sarah Palin airtime. I will no longer be watching the show.
- Please, Oprah....don't do it. I don't understand how you would choose to give her any more air time than she has already had. She doesn't deserve to benefit from the choices that she has made. Don't become like the rest of the media. Stand up for you beliefs. I am all for allowing people to speak their mind, but don't let your show be part of the publicity that helps her in anyway get another political position. You always use your show to promote good, don't stop that now.
- I'm a huge Oprah fan! But I will not watch this nutty lady from Alaska and anything she might have to say. What are you thinking Oprah? Ratings? Maybe not!
- So "Barbie" Palin surfaces again - not that she's out for the $$ nor self-aggrandizment or anything like that. I'm amazed that she merits being on your show when she seldom can speak a complete sentence or deliver one that makes any sense. We all know that she was not the actual author of the book - gave her input, yes, but didn't actually put together the words. Well, the boys will be happy to look at her again - cause they sure aren't listening to her blathering. I'm sorry you're giving her the recognition she does not deserve.