Beck Wins Cable Demo Again, Campbell Brown Beats Olbermann
For the second night in a row, Fox News's Glenn Beck attracted the most cable news viewers in the all important demographic of folks aged 25 to 54.
As for MSNBC's Keith Olberman who arrogantly and errantly bragged Tuesday about having "the highest rated cable news program, period," he came in third in his time slot Thursday actually attracting fewer viewers than CNN's Campbell Brown.
Though airing at different times, Olbermann also got beaten by CNN's Larry King and Anderson Cooper.
I'm sure in his crazy world, and that of those who watch him, he's still number one.
For your entertainment pleasure, here are Thursday's rankings (h/t TVbytheNumbers.com):
- The O’Reilly Factor– 2,896,000 viewers (757,000) (1,281,000)
- Glenn Beck– 2,544,000 viewers (762,000) (1,275,000)
- Hannity –2,402,000 viewers (691,000) (1,113,000)
- On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren—2,330,000 viewers (623,000) (1,011,000)
- Special Report with Bret Baier– 1,906,000 viewers (446,000) (860,000)
- Fox Report w/Shep Smith–1,697,000 viewers (418,000) (743,000)
- Larry King Live—1,464,000 viewers (378,000) (623,000)
- Anderson Cooper 360—1,280,000 viewers (343,000) (555,000)
- Campbell Brown- 1,243,000 viewers (337,000) (414,000)
- Countdown w/ K. Olbermann– 1,199,000 viewers (276,000) (614,000)
Here are the demo rankings:
- Glenn Beck -- 762,000
- The O’Reilly Factor– 757,000
- Hannity –691,000
- On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren—623,000
- Special Report with Bret Baier– 446,000
- Fox Report w/Shep Smith–418,000
- Larry King Live—378,000
- FOX & Friends- 357,000
- Nancy Grace – 347,000
- Anderson Cooper 360—343,000
- Campbell Brown- 337,000
- Rachel Maddow Show—279,000
- Countdown w/ K. Olbermann– 276,000
Wow. 10th in total viewers and 13th in the demo.
Time to move those goalposts again, Keith!