Take a stroll down the list of the six stories featured in Politico's "Daily Digest" email today, and you'll find five of them with a decided pro-Obama and/or anti-Republican angle.
Let's score the first story, about the upcoming GOP debate in Iowa, as neutral, even though the theme is a pending alpha dog-fight between Gingrich and Romney. But after that, every story has a decided liberal slant, as you'll see here:
- "It's Cantor vs. Boehner again". Infighting among Republican leaders threatens GOP agenda.
- "Dems: McConnell to regret filibusters". Mitch McConnell's legislative maneuvers will come back to haunt him.
- "Obama trump card: Payroll tax cut": President Obama has "found a way to gain the upper hand" on the tax issue.
- "Obama's strong minority support". Obama very strong with minorities in swing states.
- "Candidates take hard line on Mideast". Republican positions are "provocative" and a President Gingrich would "roil" the Middle East. In contrast, Obama has handled the region "with extreme care and caution."
Politico does some interesting reporting. But its inherent politics are indistinguishable from that of the New York Times/Washington Post/ABC-NBC-CBS liberal mainstream.