Gleeful Schultz On Sanford: 'I Have No Mercy Here'
A giddy, gleeful Ed Schultz delights in Mark Sanford's shame . . .
Boasting "I have no mercy here," the MSNBC host opened his show this evening with a five-minute dance on what he presumes to be Sanford's political grave.
View video here.
Excerpts from Schultz's unseemly display:
- W-e-l-l-l! Another Republican sex scandal. [Said with lip-smacking delight.] Governor Mark Sanford cries and says he's sorry. I say he's a hypocrite using taxpayer dollars.
- W-e-l-l-l, what do we have here? The Tabloid Party strikes again. Gosh: we've got another Jimmy Swaggart moment coming from the Republican party.
- I have no mercy here.
- He had this personal bombshell announcement: he's got girlfriend problems. [Said with absolute mocking glee.]
- I think the people of South Carolina should stand up tonight and call for the resignation of their governor, Mark Sanford.
- He's hurt a lot of families [by opposing PBO's stimulus]. And I'll go so far as to say this guy can't even take care of his own family.
- If you think that I'm piling on tonight, oh, listen to you Ed, holier than thou. No, no, no, no, no. It goes with the territory.
- Stanford [sic] served in the Congress and was part of the Newt Gingrich revolution in 1994. Looks to me like he took a lot of good notes from the Newtster on this issue [alluding to Newt's affair.]