It appears as though the wheels have fallen off the wagon at MSNBC. On her February 18, 2013 show Now w/ Alex Wagner, host Wagner teased that her fellow MSNBCer Chris Matthews was a “national treasure.”
Apparently Ms. Wagner considers someone who compares the GOP to Nazi’s and calls Republicans racist on a daily basis a “national treasure.” In honor of Wagner, we have compiled a short list of the best of Chris Matthews, to show just what makes him the national treasure that he is.
- Used the phrase ‘Shuck and Jive’, then calls Sarah Palin racist for using the same phrase
- Said he was thankful for Hurricane Sandy
- Claimed Ted Cruz is the new ‘Joe McCarthy'
- Said that the RNC message is a return to slavery
- Said that the word ‘Chicago’ is racist
- Compared Tea Party to the Muslim Brotherhood
- Compared conservatives to Hitler
And there you have it. Chris Matthews, a national treasure.