Which side of the Wisconsin battle over public-sector union bargaining does the Associated Press favor? Here's an easy way to tell. A Thursday morning report by Scott Bauer from Madison has this list of quoted people in the story:
1. Protesters (shouting "The whole world is watching!")
2. Sen. Dale Schultz, moderate Republican who voted against Gov. Walker's bill.
3. Sen. Mark Miller, Democrat.
4. Sen. Dave Hansen, Democrat.
5. Sen. Spencer Coggs, Democrat.
6. Gov. Walker in a statement (Paragraph 20.)
7. Sen. Scott Fitzgerald, Republican (Paragraph 26).
8. Phil Neuenfeldt, president of the Wisconsin state AFL-CIO.
That would be a 6-to-2 slant to the left. The story ended with Neuenfeldt saying Republicans exercised a "nuclear option."
"Scott Walker and the Republicans' ideological war on the middle class and working families is now indisputable," Neuenfeldt said.
AP's ideological preference is certainly indisputable.