The Invasion of Iraq - Still The Right Thing To Do
George W. Bush made the right decision to overthrow Saddam Hussein. The facts are, Saddam Hussein's Iraq had and used Chemical weapon against the Iranians , Kurds , and Marsh Arabs ; attacked 6 nations (Iran , Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Qatar , and Bahrain ); violated the terms of the Gulf War surrender , planned the assasination of a former U.S. President , collaborated with and harbored terrorists ; and was – according to The New York Times - one year away from building and Atomic Bomb before he was finally overthrown.
None of the clever arguements I have heard to date have done anyting to make the Cyclosarin , Mustard Gas , Sarin , Tabun , VX gas , and (tons of) Uranium go away. And the UN has even admited that the "old" WMD found was not degraded .
NOTE: This list contains no news from Free Republic, Foxnews or Newsmax, just the plain old MSM, so Liberals, if you dismiss these then you are admitting your intellectual bankruptcy.
Hat Tip to Chris Donohoe , Sua Sponte 75 , NL207 , dahliatravers , Mean Gene Dr. Love , and SFCMAC for some descriptions/links.
I. Saddam Hussein's Iraq was known to have WMD(even Democrats declared that he did) and used them in at least 3 separate situations.
- Chemical weapons used against Iran: BBC - Chemical weapons: Blister agents
- Chemical weapons used against Kurds: BBC - Iraqi Kurds recall chemical attack
- Chemical weapons used against Sunnis: Human Rights Watch - The Iraqi Government Assault on the Marsh Arabs
- President Clinton, Madeline Albright, Sandy Berger, and others also thought Saddam had WMD: SNOPES - See these Statements & see Acsa.net too
- Nancy Pelosi issued a statement: www.House.gov - “Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology ”
II. There is a long list of WMD found in Saddam Hussein's Iraq
- Ah ha! The UN says the WMD was NOT degraded See Page 30: United Nations - UN document S/2003/580 of 30 May 2003
- Anthrax: CNN - Laurie Mylroie: Is Iraq involved with U.S. terror attacks?
- Chemical Weapons: DoD - Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
- Chemical Weapons: Washington Post - Iraqi Chemical Stash Uncovered
- Cyclosarin: BBC - Troops 'foil Iraq nerve gas bid'
- Mobile Chem Labs: CNN - U.S.: Mobile labs found in Iraq
- Mobile Chem Labs: CNN - Second suspected mobile weapons lab found in Iraq
- Mustard Gas, Sarin, and Tabun: United Nations – Unresolved Disarmament Issues
- Mustard Gas, and Sarin: CNN - Gas shell findings a concern for Iraq arms inspector
- Nuclear Bomb: CNN - Defector: Iraq could have nukes by 2005
- Nuclear Bomb: Daily Telegraph - UN inspectors uncover proof of Saddam's nuclear bomb plans
- Nuclear Bomb: National Review - Shocker: New York Times Confirms Iraqi Nuclear Weapons Program
- Nuclear Bomb:New York Times – Saddam was 1 year away from building nuclear bomb
- Nuclear Bomb: MSNBC - Interview with a Bombmaker: Saddam Hussein’s former atomic-bomb developer says Iraq is on course to gain ‘full nuclear status’
- Sarin: MSNBC - Bomb said to hold deadly sarin gas explodes in Iraq
- Sarin: CBS News - Iraq Sarin Find Worries U.S.
- Unexamined Bunkers: NY Sun - Ex-Officer Spurned on WMD Claim
- Uranium: Washington Post - U.S. Faulted for Leaving Tons of Uranium in Iraq
- Uranium: USA Today - U.S. transferred uranium from Iraq without U.N. authorization
- Various WMD: WorldNet Daily - Saddam's WMD have been found
- Various WMD: CIA - DCI Special Advisor Report on Iraq's WMD
- VX Gas: WorldwideStandard.com - VX gas
- NEW! WMD moved to Syria: Book - Saddam's Secrets
- WMD moved out of Iraq: MSNBC - Officials: Terrorist attacks in Jordan averted
- WMD moved out of Iraq: NY Sun - Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says
- WMD moved out of Iraq: The Sunday Telegraph - Saddam's WMD hidden in Syria, says Iraq survey chief
- Chemical Suits/Gear: CNN - UK: Chemical suits found in Iraq
III. Banned Weapons found in Saddam Hussein's Iraq
- MiGs, a banned weapon: BBC - Iraqi aircraft 'buried in desert'
- Missiles, a banned weapon: Slate - This Was Not Looting
IV. Saddam Hussein's Iraq had a History of Aggression, attacking 6 other nations.
- Attacked Iran launching the Iran-Iraq War: Bartleby.com - Iran-Iraq War
- Attacked Kuwait launching Gulf War: Nti.org - Missile Chronology (Note, #3-5 same link)
- Attacked Saudi Arabia (Gulf War): (see #2)
- Attacked Israel (Gulf War): (see #2)
- Attacked Qatar (Gulf War): (see #2)
- Attacked Bahrain (Gulf War): CNN - Text Of Clinton Statement On Iraq
V. Terrorists have been found in Iraq & there were numerous associations between Iraq & terrorists
- Abu Niddal, Rome Airport Massacre: National Review - Dead Terrorist in Baghdad
- Abu Abbas (#1): CNN - U.S. captures mastermind of Achille Lauro hijacking
- Abu Abbas (#2): BBC - Cruise ship hijacker dies in Iraq
- Ayman al-Zawahiri: CNN - Pentagon: Bin Laden deputy complains about money, Iraq tactics
- al-Zarqawi: Kaleejtimes.com (running an AP story) - Saddam refused to hand Zarqawi to Jordan: King Abdullah
- Saddam had contacts with Al Qaida: Slate - A Loser's History
- Saddam had contacts with Al Qaeda: Weekley Standard - Saddam's al Qaeda Connection
- Saddam had contacts with Al Qaeda: Weekley Standard - Case Closed
- Saddam had contacts with Al Qaeda: Weekley Standard - Yes, There Is a Connection
- Saddam worked with Terrorists: NY Sun - Saddam, Al Qaeda Did Collaborate, Documents Show
- Saddam worked with Terrorists: CNN - On tape, Hussein talks of WMDs
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: Weekly Standard – Saddam's Terror Training Camps
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: MSNBC - Positive test for terror toxins in Iraq
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: PBS – Interview: Sabah Kodah
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: GlobalSecurity.org - Salman Pak / Al Salman
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: Guardian - Al-Qaida running new terror camp, say Kurds
- Terrorist camp in Iraq: Intelmessages.org - Salman Pak - Iraq's Own Terrorist Training Camp
VI. Violation of Gulf War Surrender Terms
- Radar tracking & SA missiles fired upon "No Fly Zone" Aircraft: Cdi.org - Military Action in Iraq: 1990-2002 (a violation of Gulf War surrender terms)
VII. Other Casus Belli
- Assassination attempt on former President George Bush, Sr.: Washington Post - U.S. Strikes Iraq for Plot to Kill Bush
Finally, we have this insightful quote from The Russian business weekly Itogi: "Even if Colin Powell had presented the UN with an atomic bomb confiscated from Saddam, the Europeans would have been unlikely to agree to start a war."