You would think MSNBC would have learned after getting caught in a deliberately doctored
piece of video, which tried to portray town hall protestors as white racists. The video showed a man ‘packing heat' outside an event where the President was speaking, but was edited in such a way as to conceal the fact that the man was actually African-American.
Yet, the opposite has occurred. MSNBC seems more determined and emboldened to portray conservatives and Republicans as racists. How? By continually defining those who oppose the President, an African-American man, as nothing more than angry white men of questionable intelligence.
Since that video aired (and was immediately exposed as altered by NewsBusters Kyle Drennen on August 18th), MSNBC has continuously hammered home the message that town hall and Tea Party attendees, conservatives, Republicans, or generally anyone who opposes the President, is racist. A list of examples follows after the jump (bold mine throughout and each example contains a link):
- Pathetic Bill O'Reilly wannabe Keith Olbermann, calling Fox News viewers ‘tin foil hatters, conspiracy theorists, paranoids and racists.'
- David Shuster, dually pathetic Olbermann wannabe, profiling the Republican Party as ‘all white males with short haircuts.' He then goes on to call the party angry and unhinged, with ‘no women, no minorities.'
- A recent segment in which Shuster, Barney Rubble to Olbermann's Fred Flintstone, suggests Joe Wilson's comments may contain a ‘racist or bigoted element.' Tamron Hall was appalled ‘to have that southern white male shout down the first black president'. And of course, the Reverend Jesse Jackson chiming in with ‘...the big C-word, conservative... for some it means a code word for race.'
- Ed Schultz referring to Senator James Inhofe's criticisms of the President as potentially opening up ‘the floodgates to these crazies that show up at town hall meetings.' He also insulted those who believe the President is leading this country in the wrong direction as ‘lesser challenged news consumers.' Shuster, Donkey to Olbermann's Shrek, echoes the ‘crazies' sentiment, later stating that Inhofe's constituents likely contain ‘lunatics' who feel it is their ‘responsibility to take out the president'.
Pretty inflammatory list, eh? But wait my friends, there's more...
- Have reservations about former Obama appointed green-jobs czar Van Jones and committed 9/11 truther, and you are most definitely a racist according to Keith Olbermann.
- Mike Barnicle and Chuck Todd discussing if race is the real reason for all opposition to President Obama. Todd then bumbles and stumbles his way to explain that the White House certainly doesn't want to cry race, but they are more than willing to point to polls that say detractors are southern racists.
- Tingly legged Chris Matthews saying that opposition to the President is based on ‘who he is, where he comes from, his background'.
This is a pretty significant race baiting resume submitted by MSNBC. Remember, this list only includes events happening since the bait and switch charge of racism that the network put forth using a doctored video.
As a general rule of thumb, those who continually play the race card to make an argument are, in fact, racists themselves.