Doesn't Mika Brzezinski have any Republicans in her Rolodex? With Joe Scarborough home in Florida awaiting the birth of a baby, Mika has been filling in as anchor, and I sense doing much of the show's booking [mention is often made of her work in that regard]. Today's guest lineup consisted of six Dems/liberals versus a sole Republican, brought in almost at show's end.
Here's the list, in order of appearance, of today's political guests coming from outside the NBC/MSNBC family [Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell also appeared as guests, and Harold Ford, Jr. and Pat Buchanan served as panelists]:
- Jonathan Capehart--WaPo editorial writer
- Ted Sorensen--former JFK speechwriter
- Doris Kearns Goodwin--historian and former LBJ aide
- Tom Daschle--former Dem senator [check out the spiffy red spectacles]
- Terry McAuliffe--Clinton campaign chairman
- Jon Meacham--Newsweek editor and contributing editor of the center-left Washington Monthly
- Mitt Romney--former GOP presidential candidate
I make that a 6:1 ratio. Even granted—given today's primaries—that the spotlight is currently on the Dems, would not a more balanced perspective on the race and the issues have been desirable? When's the last time Morning Joe had a line-up this heavily weighted to Republicans/conservatives—if ever?
Joe, y'all hurry back now, hear?