Actual Huffington Post Headline: '6 Reasons Never To Get Married'
Isn't it fascinating that as liberals push for same-sex marriage many of their ilk are always trying to destroy or defame the very institution itself?
Consider author Leah Hager Cohen who actually published a piece at the Huffington Post titled "6 Reasons Never To Get Married":
1. Because not-married doesn't mean all alone.
2. Because love is a mystery…And marriage, by definition, is a contract, plain and simple.
3. Because real security comes from being known for who you are and cared for no matter what.
4. Because you can still have the ring.
5. Because you can break up.
6. Because you can always get married next year. Or the next. Or the year after that.
Cohen of course elaborated on these six reasons, but I won't bore you. Instead, I'll take issue with a few of them that seem downright illogical.
First, if people shouldn't get married because it represents a "contract," should they also not buy or rent homes, buy or lease cars, purchase cell phones and cable or satellite TV service? Are all contracts to be shunned or just the one involving marriage?
As for singledom being a benefit because you can break up, the staggeringly high divorce rate in this country doesn't appear to prevent married people from doing it.
But what really takes the cake is her sixth reason. How can getting married "next year. Or the next. Or the year after that" be a reason for NEVER getting married?
That seems like a non sequitur, doesn't it?
I offer that as today's example of Liberal Logic.