Could a CIVIL WAR really happen?
So here's the question;
If Barry win's the election and the Dim's get a super majority in Congress and they decide to abolish the Second Amendment, could it lead to Civil War here in the United States of America?
Allow me to postulate a not so outlandish scenario.
1. Barry and the Dim's win BIG in Nov. (A reasonable conclusion)
2. At some point, say 8 to 12 months after they take power, a horrific tragedy takes place. Say some mass school shooting involving small children like this one, takes place. But, imagine that the numbers are higher, say 60 kids plus. Also, imagine that the shooter is a "gun nut". (I pray it doesn't happen, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility)
3. Now consider the public response and remember a fear driven MSM pushing the "gun's are bad" message 24/7 and combine that with the Dim's view on guns and Barry's view in particular. (Uh-Oh)
4. Consider that the Dim's, with a super majority, & a friendly POTUS decide that this is their chance to do away with guns. ( If you think about it, consider Congress's recent behavior, it's not really that far fetched)
5. Imagine that whatever legislation they decide upon actually passes. ( I know, the public outcry would be tremendous, BUT since when does that matter?)
6. All of a sudden, the number of Rudy Ridge type incidents skyrocket. Combine the feeling of Big Brother/Gestapo type government that these incidents would create with the anger over the Constitution being defiled and........What happens next?
That is what I'm asking. What would happen?
See, I feel that the Second Amendment is the LAST, BEST protection that the population of the United States of America has from the government running amok. The simply fact that the citizens of this country are armed provides us with the ability to stop a tyrant from taking power.
So what would happen if this Right was taken from people? Would there be Revolution? Would there be Civil War? Would the population stand by and let it happen?
What are my fellow NBer's thought's about this? I'm interested in all POV.
Thanks for y'alls time and consideration,
Disclaimer: This is an intellectual exercise. I am not saying this will happen in anyway.