The Extensive lies and stupid of trogldyt. I do mean extensive folks.
Troglodyt has gone into another lying meltdown that started with this -
1. Yes it is a genetic. --- (Down Syndrome) --- LIE. Chose the wrong definition of genetic. 2b : of, relating to, caused by, or controlled by genes <a genetic disease> <genetic variation> when Wrathful Brunette was referring to the first definition 1 : relating to or determined by the origin, development, or causal antecedents of something.
2. Haven't you read your source? Most cases of Down syndrome are not inherited. Well Vet: Tell me what does the word "most" indicate? Is it synonymous to "all"? No? So there are cases where DS is inherited. Liar, Liar pants on fire? In your world yes. --- LIE. I did not say it was not inherited. He made it up.
3. ...you bring up the hitherto unmentioned question whether incest increases the risk of getting children with DS... --- LIE. I did not bring it up. WB had mentioned it. WB: The issue of people who have severe congenital disorders like DS reproducing does not apply to the issue of genetic damage caused by incest.
4, That you do not understand how the word "or" doesn't surprise me. --- Huh? Anyone able to make sense of that one?
5. If x has more than one definition, than to say "y is not x" is the same as claiming that y does not meet any of the definitions of x. --- Huh? Anyone able to make sense of that?
6. Whoops. Forgot he said the same thing as I did.
C. What did troglodyt say earlier in the thread? The risk of a child having Down-Syndrome when one of the parents has it, is significantly elevated.
7. Where did you source that again? ... Where did you source that? ...
Ah you didn't and now you can't admit it. --- Trollie Ego. Referring to what I said in 6A. Thinks he is the original author of the quote. Thinks we all read everything he writes. I did not read much of the entire thread. I only caught it when I saw trogoldyt and Satchmo directly disagree with Wrathful Brunette. I learned it during research for that post.
A. ---So who did you mean when you wrote A DS mother has a much higher RISK of having a chlid with DS. And where did you source it? Come on a straight answer would be nice. --- 300 posts later and the Idiot still thinks I was quoting him when this information is ALL OVER THE WEB.
8. ...you wrote "It's really not a good idea to let incestuous idiots propagate their species."? --- Whoops. Thought WB wrote that. Wrong. Hoosier Conservative is the owner of that quote.
9. ...WB probably thinks the same... --- Trollies can read minds among other psychic abilities nowadays, huh?
10. ...he sometimes says something true, but doesn't hesitate to follow up with a lie... --- Might wanna actually catch someone in a lie before you make statements like that.
11. "Translocation Down syndrome is the only form of the disorder that can be passed from parent to child." is not true. --- Mayo Clinc: Translocation Down syndrome is the only form of the disorder that can be passed from parent to child. However, only about 4 percent of children with Down syndrome have translocation. And only about half of these cases are inherited from one of the parents.
12. The first paragraph after the summary of this should be the end of this inane discussion. --- Thinks a study that tells of DS women having children that end up having DS is proof of Item 11. Forgets that DS is generally not inherited. (Item 11) and his own quote (Item 6C) that DS mothers are at HIGHER RISK of having DS children NOT of DS being inherited.
13. I never claimed anything about males. --- Straw Man. No one said he did. The title of the study in his link in Item 12 - Fertility in a male with trisomy 21.
14. To prove that this claim is wrong I quote...you conveniently chose to ignore because it proved you wrong: Twenty-six non-mosaic trisomy 21 females, in 29 pregnancies, have produced 10 offspring with Down's syndrome... --- Still claiming a line from a study proves he is correct about Item 11. Down Syndrome mothers have a greater risk of Down Syndrome arisng in the cell division process. It is not inherited. The only exception, a normal parent with a balanced translocation have a higher risk of having a child with Translocation Down Syndrome.
15. The part I qouted mentions cases where trisomy 21 is passed on. --- The study he linked did not make that claim. And he has been told over and over - Mayo Clinc: Translocation Down syndrome is the only form of the disorder that can be passed from parent to child. However, only about 4 percent of children with Down syndrome have translocation. And only about half of these cases are inherited from one of the parents.
16. ...unbalanced Translocation DS... --- Stupid. It is called Translocation Down Syndrome. There is no unbalanced in the title.
17. ...unbalanced Translocation DS is a subclass of trisomy 21. --- Stupid.Tranlocation DS is a type of Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) not a subclass.
18. Translocation DS...one part of chromosome 21 is connected with chromosome 14 --- Stupid. It is usually chromosome 14.
19. ...trisomy 21 (which causes Down's syndrome)... --- Trisomy 21 is the medical name for Down's Syndrome. Not the cause. Down syndrome (also called Trisomy 21) is a genetic disorder...
20. Still whining that a mother with DS gave birth to a child with DS and that proves it is inherited. --- Again. A mother with DS is at higher risk of Down Syndrom spontaneously arising during the cell division. It is not inherited.
21. ...your lies is that "DS men are infertile" --- LIE. That quote comes when I was summing up some sourced quotes, after I said "In general", and about 12 lines after a sourced quote that states DS men are infertile with rare exceptions.
22. ...my source proves beyond a doubt that this is wrong. --- Still claims his linked study disproves this from me - DS is not inherited with the exception of Translocation DS. See Mayo Clinic source in Item 15.
23. There exist DS mothers without Translocation DS who gave birth to children with DS without Translocation DS. Period. --- Again. A mother with DS is at higher risk of Down Syndrom spontaneously arising during the cell division. This does not mean it is inherited.
24. The cause of DS is one of the forms of trisomy 21... --- Trisomy 21 is Down Syndrome. (Item 19) Someone this stupid should not be lecturing others on medical conditions.
A. Another example is the relationship of HIV and AIDS. They are not the same, but the former causes the latter. --- This is his comparison to the Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) and Down Syndrome.
B. ...Translocation DS (now you might ask huh? why is he talking about a syndrome when he means the cause?... --- The Stupid just don't stop.
C. Translocation DS ...is actually Translocation trisomy 21 thereby a subclass of trisomy 21. --- It is like a highway of Stupid with no off ramp.
25. Translocation DS is not the only form of trisomy 21 that is inheritable. --- Again. See Mayo Clinic link in Item 15. Mayo Clinc: Translocation Down syndrome is the only form of the disorder that can be passed from parent to child. However, only about 4 percent of children with Down syndrome have translocation. And only about half of these cases are inherited from one of the parents.
26. Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying... --- WB asked him if the Mayo Clinic is incorrect.
27. Can you (wo)man up and admit that you were wrong... --- WB is quoting and linking from the Mayo Clinic.
28. More whines and quotes from the study that said DS woman had DS offspring as though this is proof that DS can be inherited. --- Again, Down Syndrome is a result of an abnormality in the chromosomes during cell division. It is not inherited in the same way that we inherit red hair or big noses. A DS mother having a DS offspring is no more proof of inheritance than a normal mother having a DS offspring. But this kind of stupid has a rocket attached to his back and is is headed for the outer reaches of Space.
29. I've proven you wrong on your claim: "DS men are infertile." --- Saying and proving are 2 different things. See Item 21. I said In General...
30. I wanted his reply and not yours. But it's no surprise that he chickens out when cornered. What a coward. --- 29 lies and stupid we have engaged him on. Every single post of his had a reply.But he goes into full diaper mode because Wrathful Brunette engaged him before I did.
31. I've given you a source where it is confirmed that Translocation Down's syndrome is not the only form that is inherited. --- Except he didn't did he? Down Syndrome mothers having Down Syndrome offspring is no more proof of heredity than non-DS mothers having DS offspring.
32. Whoops. Busted. Bad. Really bad.
B. troglodyt: Says who? You the "expert"-liar?
C. Me: No. The U.S National Library of Medicine. USNLM: Although it is possible to inherit some types of chromosomal abnormalities, most chromosomal disorders (such as Down syndrome and Turner syndrome) are not passed from one generation to the next.
D. He then whines because it said it is possible to inherit... --- Forgets that Down Syndrome is specifically mentioned as a chromosomal disorder that is NOT PASSED FROM ONE GENERATION TO ANOTHER.
33. Claims I passed this as a lie --- Balanced Translocation DS can't be passed on from parent to offspring. --- This is what I said --- Me: The balanced translocation is not passed from parent to offspring. --- I said the balanced translocation is not passed NOT Translocation DS. Too many similar words and phrases and descriptions for the Idiot.
34. There are other forms than Translocation DS that can be inherited.--- 300 posts in the blog now and he is still saying the same lie over and over.
35. Where does the Mayo Clinic webpage point out that balanced translocation DS can't be passed on? --- Continues the lie from 33. balanced translocation are not passed from parent to offspring is what I said.. (with rare exeptions, seem to say that a lot when it comes to chromosomes and the entire area of fertility)
36. You are talking about it as you were the first who brought it up. --- I believe he is referring to balanced translocation. Yes. I was the first one to bring it up in my sources on Sat, 02/05/2011 - 4:59am. But really who knows what this Idiot could be referring to.
37. ...the fact that you haven't spelled out the most simple description of what DS is (the additional occurrence of chromosome 21, or parts of it), tells me you don't know jack about the topic. --- Expects cajun2 to give the defintion of every topic before she is allowed to expound on it.
38. Whoops. 343 posts and I finally make a mistake in a field I only started reading about 3 days ago. 37 of the biggest load of stupid and lies ever packed into one blog. Anyone want to guess what this little liar is gonna focus on?