As NewsBusters reported Monday, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had been asked to do David Letterman's Top Ten List on the CBS Late Show election night.
Most of her offerings Tuesday were somewhat apolitical, but the top thing "You Never Knew About the House of Representatives" was "The Tea Party isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds" (video follows with partial transcript and commentary):
Top Ten Things You Never Knew About The House of Representatives
10. 19 representatives have gone on to become president, 10 have gone on to manage a Sizzlers
9. Members may vote 'Yea,' 'Nay,' or 'whatever'
8. When we water the Capitol lawn, we use the hose of representatives
7. Our cafeteria chef created the original house salad
6. Every month we're tested for steroids
5. Steny Hoyer's middle name? Also "Steny"
4. Thanks to corporate sponsorship, majority whip now known as miracle whip
3. Members tap silverware against water glasses to encourage the House leaders to kiss
2. We have the power to impeach talk show hosts
1. The Tea Party isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds
Yes, I guess they couldn't resist taking a shot at the Tea Party.