Join Us @:
Free email alerts!
By NB Staff | November 12, 2011 | 09:34
For general discussion and debate about anything in the world you want.
Submitted by Newsbubba on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 10:17am.
... and I quote, "With last night's homicide, in broad daylight," a government official in Oakland was begging the protestors to go away. Begging, mind you, not ordering!
OK, which is it. Was the dude killed "last night," or "in broad daylight?"
Were they for it before they were against it?
Did anyone think to call in the Marine Corpse?
Has the president considered showing up and just giving everyone a hug?
Is it possible that all liberals are morons?
... and last but not least, a new movement launched this morning! "Octopi Key West!" Calamari, anyone?
Submitted by Blonde on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 10:59am.
Octopi Key West!!!
Dude, that is hilarious. If you have t-shirts made up, you have to send me one.
BTW....have you seen a gold t-bird?
Handy Reference Guide to Obama's Gaffes and Goofs ~ Currently Numbering 200 (and Counting)
Submitted by motherbelt on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:07am.
Was that Al Sharpton, by any chance?
And hey, B...did you catch ricklail's earlier reference to
Mooch's dress for the USS Carl Vinson basketball game?
Submitted by ricklail on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:19am.
I sent the link that you sent me to Mochelle,s Mirror. They don't have it posted yet. I also linked it at the OT Sports. I knew that Blonde would see it there.
Submitted by mom_rox on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:29am.
a baby's onesie - a perfect description. (the back of it is even worse - like a horrible version of Candyland)
Submitted by 26CX on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:56am.
kinda looks like a character from a Dr Seuss book.
Submitted by mom_rox on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 11:56am.
Which means you might be seeing the Pippi Longstocking sweater around your neighborhood, and you will know that the wearer spent $295 for it. (to each his own)
Submitted by Newsbubba on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:16am.
Someone did show up in his airplane with a new girlfriend, however, and seemed pleased with the deal. If the car is half as hot as the girlfriend, it is a doozie!!
That t-bird will be completely redone before it hits the road. That's just the way he is. It will look like it just fell off the assembly line in Detroit when he's done.
If I see t-shirts, I'll be sure and grab one!
I'm thinking of Octopi Key West t-shirts with that on the front and the graph on the back showing the relationship of "Age" to "I give a 'Shiite'."
Boats crashing left and right down here during Race Week! I'm scared to get on the water.
Submitted by Blonde on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:41am.
Stay safe on the water....the lunatics abound!
We were there one year for that, staying at La Concha, it was during the World Series when there was that big earthquake out in Calif (dont' know which year, I'm not a baseball fan) and all of a sudden the game went pfft. There was a wicked cold front....and NO HEAT at La Concha....$400 a night and no freakin' heat! They told us to fill up the bathtub with hot water. *rolls eyes*
Say hi to the bird when you see her, she's a sweet thing, glad your friend will take good care of her, and thanks again, Bubba!
Submitted by jon_torlin on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:12am.
So what's the take on Iran finally being exposed(the worst secret in the world, really) for working on making nuclear weapons?(I should note that when the news first broke out about Iran getting the centrifuges and claiming it was for peaceful reasons, many of us on here KNEW without a doubt it was to pursue weapons and we were right all along)
Anyone who understands Islam knows that Ahmadinnerjacket talks about peaceful use of nuclear energy just like the Koran would have him say it. After all, as long as there are infidels, there's no peace, so they have to bring peace by killing the infidels.
Let me put it another way: If a Muslim talks about peace, and you're not of Islam, YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER! There is no other kind of peace with Muslims. (BTW, anyone hear about that stupid religious convention they had recently set up by the State Department? What a PR disaster!) For those of you in Rio Linda, you are a target for peace, infidels! That includes liberals, gays, socialists, whatever you are, they don't care which way you go, if you're not a Muslim, you're ripe for killing. Just keep in mind though, if it'll make you feel better, it's for peace!
So it's possible that Israel might attack Iran sometime in the next month, but to do that, they have to fly over Iraq. I wonder how they will accomplish that if the threat by the US to blow them out of the sky is still there?(it has been suggested a good while back)
Add to the mix that Russia and China don't seem to mind Iran getting nukes, but I wonder how they will feel when it's done in the name of Islam if they have it used on them? We know Russia and China are not Islamic countries(by and large anyway, there are pockets in there), to them, helping Iran was a business venture.
Thoughts and comments on this would be appreciated.
Submitted by mom_rox on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:36am.
regarding Rick Perry's "oops" moment: Perry will drop out of the race IF Pres. Obama will not use prepared speeches for the remainder of his term - neither in paper form nor via a Teleprompter.
Submitted by Newsbubba on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:46am.
Submitted by killa37 on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 2:00pm.
Since some of you 'folks' (I learned that word from the FenceSitter and Boy Barry) are talking about Mooooooooooochelle's fashion style, bc ( I learned that one from the now-long-gone 'out of the realm' troll) of what she wore to the basketball game, and other functions..............I have just read a little 'pap piece' on Moooooooooooooooochelle's make-up artist. It's a real sappy story, to say the least. And you know what - the guy does VERY WELL - I mean, definitly top '1%' (I learned that from the OWS crowd).
And that's fine with me.............I'm just wondering why he isn't being attacked for being successful, in a way that so many others are being demonized and villified???
Of course, that's probably a stupid question.................
Submitted by Radical1979 on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 2:08pm.
Now there's a job that should qualify for hazard pay! Can you link it please killa? Whatever she's doing I'm going to make sure NOT to do. Thanks.
Submitted by killa37 on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 2:40pm.
It's on the Drudge Report - right under the photo of Bozo and Bimbo the Clowns.
And, I've said this before..........I'm really sure that Moooooooooooooochelle wears a variety of 'wig-hats', to quote the late, great Rufus Thomas.
Submitted by Blonde on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 4:19pm.
According to the MOTUS MOL's (mean old ladies)....none of them have been laundered since Hahvahd.
Submitted by ricklail on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 6:45pm.
Merry Christmas from the Sandusky's
Submitted by Scuba Dude on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 7:57pm.
If anyone is interested in chatting about the GOP debate join us here:
Submitted by Scuba Dude on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 9:10pm.
Blonde, Got another one for your Odumbo's gaffes.
Submitted by Blonde on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 9:20pm.
Keys - On.
What a maroone!
Submitted by Blonde on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 9:47pm.
I posted a link to my list of Obama's Gaffes & Goofs over at Weasel Zippers....my traffic is going through the roof right now, LOL.
Hopefully some new eyes will add to the comprehensive list....now at 95 and counting (oops, better edit my sig!)...oh yeah, and I have one that Bubba sent me, too that needs to be added....100 here we come!
Submitted by GregE on Sat, 11/12/2011 - 11:00pm.
In tonight's debate, he says with definitiveness, that if he is President, Iran will not get a nuke.
Who's he kiddin? That's not a claim that can be made, unless he's looking to do a preemptive military strike, which I HIGHLY doubt.
Submitted by drsamherman on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 2:01am.
I arrived home from a week-long medical meeting to my sons preparing barbecue for a lazy Saturday afternoon! Nothing better than slow-roasted pulled pork, dilled potato salad and fresh grilled veggies to take your mind off the events of the day. I neglected to mention having my grandson fall asleep on grandpa's lap while in a rocking chair beating my youngest son in a chess game. He never should have tried that Bobby Fischer book.
Submitted by Radical1979 on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 9:18am.
Anyone catch the news that JayZ has designed and is selling an Occupy Wall Street t-shirt? Oh, and by the way, he's not giving them any of his profits. ROTFLMAO
These occupiers couldn't be much stupider.
Submitted by killa37 on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 1:55pm.
Wait'll Lard-Ass Moron's psuedo-documentary comes out................he'll rake in the dough from all the fools who dutifully go to his movies, gain more weight, get richer, and continue to flap his doughy jowels about the evils of capitalism..............
Submitted by Grumpy in Arizona on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 10:55am.
Source: “The Grumpy Center for Advanced Studies (GCAS)”
Motto of the GCAS: “A Paradigm is just 20 cents in coin.”
OVERVIEW: This so-called “analysis” primarily concerns the CBS Security Debate of Nov. 13th, but first a critique of the Nov 9th debate conducted by CNBC:
The decision by CNBC programmers to NOT allow the debate to be live-steamed over the internet was the most despicable insult to the American public’s “Right to Know” in broadcast history. By the time the debate was released to the general public via internet… the media had time to spin the story, highlight the candidates flaws, and provide their (medias) own skewed interpretations of that debate. Because the information was tainted before a personal impression was possible, there was no point in my posting a personal analysis.
The rest of this post will deal exclusively with the CBS debate.
THE MODERATOR/QUESTIONER: CBS’s Scott Pelly and National Journals Major Garrett did a fine job IMO.
Garrett did get taken down a notch by Newt when the former Speaker refused to criticize one of Romney’s ideas, but past that, he did a reasonable job of questioning.
IMO Pelly was very fair in keeping the candidates “in-check” by insisting on following the time-line and refusing to allow certain candidates from jumping-in with answers to questions they were not asked.
It may be a bit “off-topic but I seem to detect a “slight shift” back to the arena of actual journalism (vice running with the talking points) on the part of CBS lately. Maybe the powers that be in the CBS newsroom are finally realizing that they have been treated as useful idiots by the Dem’s and Obama’s admin and are beginning to realize that a reputation for honest journalism is worth more than just being a public relations tool for left wing imbecilic thought and methodologies.
PARTICIPANT ANALYSIS: (note: Since the debate was about “Security Issues” and most did reasonably well - the candidates will be listed into winners and losers with each listed alphabetically within each group.)
1. Herman Cain – He kept it simple. IMO his answers revealed more of his “thought process” by emphasizing the need to adhere to sound decision-making principles, vice kneejerk and theoretical solutions to the security problems facing our nation. He left no doubt that he is willing to listen to the experts, and understands that not all situational decisions require a “snapshot” methodology to appease some particular group.
2. Newt Gingrich – Admittedly, I had written Newt off early on in these debates, but once again he proved his knowledge of history and culture and ability to get to the heart of the problem make him more and more appealing. As mentioned above, IMO his answer to Major Garrett (I wonder if Garrett will ever be promoted to Lt Col.?) refusing to become embroiled in a “personal argument” proves he knows how to look beyond the chaff and focus on the target.
3. Rick Perry – He really redeemed himself in this latest debate. IMO his clear answer about “zeroing-out” all foreign aid (and later on in the debate) all federal spending was masterful. Coming-across as a strong defender of America certainly helped. In many areas, Perry is a weak candidate who probably won’t get the nomination, but on this single issue he is absolutely correct! “Kudos” to Gov. Perry for standing by his convictions.
4. Mitt Romney – I hate to place this guy in the “winners circle” but he did have a relatively good night and by any honest appraisal he well deserves to be in the winners group... BUT, since this is a “Grump-analysis” we will dispense with the ‘honest-appraisal’ for the moment and simply say that I don’t trust this whiffle-waffling, smooth-talking, and excessively well groomed charm-school graduate, and Mega-RINO to be in charge of our nations future.
1. Michele Bachmann – Actually, if this were a “fair-analysis” Michele would be placed in the category of ‘Winner.’ Unfortunately she neither won nor lost the debate so she winds up here. The fact of the matter is that she was ignored for most of the evening and the relatively few times she was called upon gave answer that just seemed to echo the other more dynamic candidate’s answers. I like her and think she could do a reasonable job as President, but I think she should face the reality that her campaign is essentially running on an empty gas tank at this point.
2. Jon Huntsman – Well, he was a waste of about five-minutes of precious debate time. I wouldn’t trust this guy to be an "Alternate Assistant Caterer at a Street Vendor’s Hot Dog Cart" - much less be in the position of CINC.
3. Ron Paul – Understanding the reality of the world has never been his strong suite and he once again proved his inability to get past his own thinking is his greatest weakness – and greatest asset to the Paulbots. I have decided to promote him to the title of: “Colonel Curmudgeon.” The least said about his unrealistic and dangerous views on the role of the U.S. in world affairs – the better.
4. Rick Santorum – Supposedly, National Security was a subject where Santorum would shine… he didn’t. Once again he acted like a petulant child who spent more time complaining about his “lack-of-time” than he did about delivering a clear statement of how he would approach the overall-security of the nation. He did have some reasonable answers revolving around the Pakistan issue, but he failed to make his case on every other question asked. I like his stance’s on cultural and family values, and allow he has clear ideas about ‘security,’ but that is just not enough to make me consider him [anymore] as a viable candidate.
- Grump :o)
P.s.: A Blessed Veteran's Day weekend to all... let us resolve to never forget the sacrifices of those that gave their last full measure of devotion.
Submitted by Blonde on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 11:09am.
And that would be Mittens new dye job.
He's lost the Soprano Paulie wings, and now has it totally black on top, with mere hints of gray on the left and right side, and also atop the part. A much more subtle look, I thought. Totally fake of course, but better than the last outing's do.
Oh, and Scott Pelley....well, don't get me started.
Submitted by Grumpy in Arizona on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 11:32am.
... …I’m a “big picture” kind of guy so I only noticed Willard’s overall self-generated love-fest with himself… not his hair – LoL.
As I said on another thread, perhaps my impression of the moderators of the debate is well off target (I invite correction)… but compared to the likes of a Williams, Blitzer, or King – they were refreshingly straightforward in the questions posed. I really don’t like making these “analysis’ about personalities vice issues… Except when it comes to Willard, Paul, or Huntsman (aka: “The Two RINO's & a Wacko Show”).
Have a blessed Veteran’s Day Weekend!
- Grump :o)
Submitted by Scuba Dude on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 4:41pm.
Grump, as usual a spot on analysis.
I think it was a toss up between Cain and Gingrich on this debate. At this point I do not think I would mind a Cain/Gingrich or Gingrich/Cain ticket.
Submitted by Grumpy in Arizona on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 6:16pm.
I agree 100%! I think a ticket that includes both Herman and Newt is a winner! While I would like to see Cain in the top spot, I could easily vote for one where he is the VP candidate to Gingrich. But...
If Willard gets the nomination - I'll vote for him, despite the fact that I'll be throwing-up for a week.
Best to you...
- Grump :o)
Submitted by Scuba Dude on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 6:37pm.
Your welcome Grump.
And I am with you on the Romney nomination. I will not like like but I will pull the lever for him. I might actually lose weight since I will have lost my appetite,
Call it the RINO diet.
Submitted by bkeyser on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 11:07am.
Submitted by Prisondog1776 on Sun, 11/13/2011 - 10:39pm.
i am sorry for being late with this. www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCybOrQ2Y9Q
If someone else posted it, congrats to them and i think it bears a second look.
Thank you to all who served.
Editor at Large
Michael M. Bates
P. J. Gladnick
D. S. Hube
Julia A. Seymour
Dialog New Media
Copyright © 2005-2013 NewsBusters.